TVB Celeb News is Moving!!!

We are Moving to a new address, Check out the latest translated TVB News @ http://tvbentertainmentnews.blogspot.com/
Last year was considered a prosperous year for Katy Kung. The line up of her series released one after the other and her sitcom was basically on TV every night. Following her performance in Bottled Passion as the rebellious young girl Ko Yi Nga, her popularity was on the rise. Recently in Gloves Come Off, Katy continues her fate with Raymond Wong once again and plays the 'wu lei jing' third party, who breaks families up. She's even worst this time compared to Bottled Passion.

Big eyes, small face and speaks sweetly, Katy Kung gives off the girl next door feeling. No wonder every time she's in a series, she often plays someone's little sister. Katy expressed: "I don't mind playing a little girl, because quite honestly I want to try every type of role. In fact, I should be happy that I'm still young enough to play those type of roles."

Modern version 'Bottled Passion'

Since last year's Bottled Passion, she played the childish and rebellious young girl, fighting with her sister (Elaine Yiu) for a guy (Raymond Wong). Her role was an eye-opener for audience. Recently in Gloves Come Off, she gets so bad that she goes around stealing husbands and plays with schemes to harm others. "Gloves Come Off is the most intense series I've done since my debut. I'm a 'wu lei jing' that steals husbands and I'm much worst than in Bottled Passion. Last time, I was just childish, but this time I use schemes to go harm people. I had some intense scenes, such as falling down the stairs and getting hit by a car."

Katy reveals in Gloves Come Off, she gave away her first on-screen kiss: "I had a kiss scene with Raymond Wong, that was my first on-screen kiss. Both of us continued on from Bottled Passion, so it was fortunate that we were familar. We had a comfortable collaboration."

Although Katy was already prepared to get scolded and hated by audience when the series comes out, but she was still excited. "It doesn't matter, I will try every type of role. If I don't try, I don't know if I can do it or not."

Don't want to be Charmaine Sheh

In series, no matter how rebellious or evil Katy gets, we all will still think its just the behaviors of a childish young girl. However, off-cameras, Katy denies she's a little girl: "I have planning when doing things. Even in everyday life, I would think of what time I should be leaving the door? What time I should do what? Actually, I haven't thought about my direction in this industry, haha!"

Katy claims she is passive and understands that many things cannot be forced. Being promoted? She really doesn't even want to think about it. "I really haven't thought about what position I want to be promoted to. I am already doing well because in every series, I'm the youngest. I get a lot of love from others, I've gained that happiness. I never thought about becoming a Charmaine Sheh or Sheren Tang."

As far as awards, last year she was nominated for 'Most Improved Actress', but eventually lost to Sire Ma. Katy expressed: "In the future, of course I hope to get this award. It is considered a comfort that I can give to my family. Since youth, I had too much freedom, my family is too laid back. They let me try whatever I want to, and because of this, everything I do, it is just a 'three minute passion'. So, I hope to let them know that I am not playing here. I really am working hard." When speaking of her future prospects, Katy really have instantly matured a lot, "Since I started working, each month I insist on saving half of my salary. I really like to save money, and don't know how to invest. Perhaps I can open a dessert shop in the future, but right now I cannot think too much. Maybe when I turn 30, it's still not too late."

High Profile Underground Relationship

As for her relationships, everyone knows Katy is Patrick Tang's girlfriend. Even at last year's TVB anniversary, when Patrick won the raffle, the MC pulled Katy out to cheer for him, but it turns out the young couple still hope to go underground. "I never thought about it! I have never said he's my boyfriend, haha! Even if you ask him, he won't admit it."

What? How can that be? Is it because all this is pressure from TVB? Katy denied: "TVB didn't say anything, just asked me how our relationship is going? Have enough understanding yet? Everyone treats me like a little girl. Actually, there is one thing I decided and I won't regret it. Not just my relationship I won't talk about, other things are the same. I've been like that since youth."

In the last two years, Katy's career development has been going smoothly and it will be difficult for her to avoid comparsion of her future prospects to Patrick's future prospects, "It's not because he's bad, just he hasn't found a record company yet, but he has been shooting series and musicals all along. He still has friends that compose music for him and people can't see these things. I think he's very hard working. A person that sincerely puts in the effort should have pretty good results." As for their future? Katy expressed: "Wah! No one knows the future. At this moment, I will not be getting married. That is just too far from now!" The bottom line is, "career is the priority"!

Twitter Technorati Facebook Delicious Digg StumbleUpon

Posted by Hex on Friday, May 18, 2012
categories: edit post

0 comments

Post a Comment

Custom Search

K-pop Entertainment News

Tags

Aarif Lee Aaron Kwok Ada Choi Adam Cheng Adrian Chau Aimee Chan Akina Alan Po Alan Tam Alex Fong Alex To Alice Chan Amigo Chui Amy Chan Amy Kwok Andy Hui Andy Lau Angel Chiang Angela Tong Angelababy Anita mui Anita Yuen Anne Heung Annie Liu Annie Man Anthony Wong Astrid Chan Athena Chu ATV News Ben Wong Benjamin Yuen Benny Chan Benz Hui Bernice Liu Bobby Au Yeung Bondy Chiu bosco Bosco Wong Bowie Lam Brian Burrell Calvin Choy Candice Chiu Candy Chang Candy Yuen Carat Cheung Carina Lau Carol Cheng Carrie Lam Carrie Ng Casper Chan Catherine Chau Cathy Tsui Cecilia Cheung Cecilia Yip Chan Hung Lit Chapman To Charlene Choi Charles Szeto Charmaine Li Charmaine Sheh Cherie Chung Cherrie Ying Cheung Tat Ming Cheung Wah Biu Cheung Wing Hong Chin Ka Lok Chingmy Yau Chow Yun Fat Chris Lai Chrissie Chau Christine Kuo Christine Ng Cilla Kung Cindy Au Claire Yiu Coffee Lu Connie Chan CTI News Damian Lau daniel wu David Lui Dayo Wong Deborah Li Deep Ng Denise Ho Deno Cheung Derek Kwok Deric Wan Dexter Young Dicky Cheung Dodo Cheng Donnie Yen Eason Chan Eddie Cheung Eddie Kwan Eddie Ng Edison Chen Edmond Leung Edwin Siu Eileen Cha Eileen Yeow Ekin Cheng Elaine Ng Elaine Yiu Elanne Kong Elena Kong Eliza Sam Elizabete Kwong Ella Koon Elton Loo Elvina Kong Eric Li Eric Suen Eric Tsang Erica Yuen Esther Kwan Evergreen Mak Fala Chen Faye Wong Felix Lok Felix Wong Fiona sit Fiona yuen Flora Chan Florence Kwok Florinda Ho Francis Ng Francois Huynh Frankie Lam G.E.M Gaile Lok Gallen Lo Gary Cao Gary Tang gem Gemma Choi Gigi Lai Gigi Leung Gigi Wong Gillian Chung Gong Li Gordon Lam Gordon Liu Grace Wong Gregory Lee Gregory Rivers Guo Jingjing Ha Yu Hacken Lee Hawick Lau Henry Leung Hilary Tsui Him Law Hins Cheung Hsu Chi Huang Xiao Ming Idy Chan Irene Wan Isabella Kou Isabella Leong Iva Law Ivana Wong Jack Wu Jackie Chan Jacky Cheung Jacquelin Ch'ng Jacqueline Chong Jacqueline Law Jamie Chik Janet Chow Janice Man Janice Vidal Janis Chan Jason Chan Jaycee Chan Jennifer Tse Jenny Lau Jenny Tseng Jessica C Jessica Hsuan Jessie Shum Jill Vidal JJ Jia Joe Ma Joel Chan Joesph Lee Joey Meng Joey Yung John Chiang Johnson Lee Jolin Tsai Jordan Chan Josephine Siao Fong Fong Joyce Cheng Joyce Tang Julian Cheung June Chan Juno Mak Justin Lo JW Kama Kara Hui Karen Mok Karena Lam Karena Ng Kary Ng Kate Tsui Kathy Chow Kathy Chow Hoi Mei Katy Kung Kay Tse Kelly Chen Kenix Kwok Kenneth Ma Kenny Bee Kenny Kwan Kenny Wong Kent Cheng Kevin Cheng Kibby Lau Kiki Sheung Kitty Yuen Kong Ngai Koni Lui Koo Ming Wa Kristal Tin Kwong Wa Lau Dan Law Kar Ying Lawrence Ng Leanne Li Lee Heung Kam Lee Tim Sing Leila Tong Leo Ku Leon Lai Leslie Cheung Leung Ka Kei Li Bing Bing Lily Leung Lin Xiawei Linda Chung Linda Wong Lisa Chong lisa s Liu Xuan Liza Wang Louis Koo Louis Yuen Louisa So Louise Lee Lydia Tong Lynn Hung Lynn Xiong Macy Chan Mag Lam Maggie Cheung Maggie Cheung Ho Yee Maggie Siu Mandy Cho Mandy Lam Mandy Lieu Mandy Wong Mango Wong Marie Zhuge Mary Hon Matt Yeung Matthew Ko Mavis Pan May Chan mc jin Meini Cheung Melissa Ng Michael Hui Michael Miu Michael Tao Michael Tong Michael Tse Michele Lee Michelle Reis Michelle Ye Michelle Yim mimi lo Miriam Yeung misc Miu Siu Ching Mona Fong Monica Chan Moses Chan Myolie Wu Nancy Sit Nancy Wu Natalie Tong Nichola Cheung Nicholas Tse Nick Cheung niki Niki Chow Ning Jin Nnadia Chan Noel Leung Oscar Leung Otto Chan Patrick Tam Patrick Tang Patrick Tse Paul Che paul chun Paul Wong Pierre Ngo Pinky Cheung Poon Ka Tak power chan Priscilla Wong Q Bobo Queenie Chu Rabee Yeung Rain Li Ray Lui Raymond Cho Raymond Lam Raymond Wong Real Ting Rebecca Chan Rebecca Zhu remus choi Richard Li Ricky Hui Ricky Wong Roger Kwok Ron Ng Ronald Cheng Rosamund Kwan Rose Chan Rosemary Ruco Chan Sam Lee Samantha Ko Sammi Cheng Sammul Chan Sammy Leung Sammy Shum Sandra Ng Sean Lau Selena Li Selina Selina Jen Sharon Chan Shawn Yue Sheren Tang Sherman Chung Sherming Yiu Shermon Tang Sherry Chen Shirley Yeung Simon Yam Sin Ho Ying Sire Ma Skye Chan Sonjia Kwok Sophie Su Stephanie Cheng Stephen Au Stephen Chan Stephen Chow Stephen Huynh Stephen Wong Stephy Tang Steven Ma Suki Tsui Sunny Chan Susanna Kwan Tang Chi Wai Tavia Yeung Teresa Carpio Teresa Cheung Teresa Mo Theresa Fu Theresa Lee Timmy Hung Toby Chan Toby Leung Tony Leung Tracy Chu Tracy Ip tvb TVB 42nd Anniversary TVB News TVB Series Twins Viann Zhang Vin Choi Vincci Cheuk Vincent Lam Vincent Wong Vincy Chan Virginia Lok Vivian Chow Vivian Lai Vivien Chow Vivien Yeo Vonnie Lui Wan Chi Keung Wang Wei Wayne Lai William Chak William Chan Wilson Tsui Wong Cho Lam Wong He Wong Hei Wong Jing Wong Tin Lam Wong Yau Nam Wu Fung Yammie Lam Yoga Lin Yoyo Chen Yoyo Mung Yumiko Cheng Zac Koo

Sponsored Links

Blog Archive

Vote for Us: Dmegs Web DirectoryCelebrity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Entertainment blogs & blog posts